The word 'training' is insufficient to describe what we offer. Even the phrase 'training and development' is insufficient. In all of our training modules we focus on skill development that closes the gap between potential and results. In all of our training modules, we engage people to develop their leadership capacity. Leadership capacity is essential for taking action and carrying out responsibility.
Learning retention for application is gained in the process. Rather than just another 'well, that was nice' workshop experience, you and your people are ready to apply all of your learnings as soon as you get back to work. You increase your capacity to lead and participate in the culture of leadership that is needed in this performance environment of constant change.
As we searched for a more accurate way to describe our training and development, we resonated most with the German word Ausbildung. Yes, Ausbildung incorporates training and development. It also incorporates education, instruction, formation, apprenticeship and 'to receive a workout'. We really like that last phrase as it puts action into the participant role.
We love participating with people as they learn. There is an incredible feeling when we witness the 'ah ha' moment. That moment where a participant sees clearly how they can solve the problem they are experiencing. How this new or different way of doing things will create better outcomes. How they can be more effective in their role and as a leader, in turn supporting the people around them to be more effective too.
All of our training options provide skills, tools and knowledge to:
- close the gap between potential and results
- nourish a culture of leadership
- assist leaders to develop the capacity of their organizations to thrive
- develop leadership for leading in a culture requiring agility, flexibility and solutions in a performance environment of constant change.
The training we offer focuses on these key areas:
- leadership development
- team development
- meeting design and facilitation
- strategic planning
- strategic plan refresh
- organizational operating matrix
- conflict resolution
- project turnaround
- organizational change/transformation
Learning Retrieval and Application
When you invest in learning, you want the material delivered within a process that increases learning retention for immediate application and for the long term. You also want the training to help you successfully retrieve the learning...in other words, you want the learning to stick with you and to be able to apply it back at work. As part of the 'receive a workout' that you get with us, our training, we include three phases for every module:
- preparatory work before the training event
- the event itself, and
- follow up work after the event
We use Whole Person Process Facilitation as a method to create the best conditions for adult learners to learn, to retrieve their learning, and apply their learning. This method is holistic, engaging mental, emotional, intuitive and physical intelligences. We stimulate critical thinking, draw out ideas, insights, and underlying assumptions as one of our strategies for learning retention and retrieval. We are adept at ensuring that the needs of adult learners with their differing learning styles are met. Participants receive a workout as they learn, develop, and increase their capacity.
Complete Learning Program
Don't see the workshop you're looking for in our upcoming programs? Below you'll find a complete list of our workshops as well as ways to participate in the workshop you are interested in.
The workshops are presented here as individual learning opportunities. If you are interested in a particular learning focus (i.e. leadership development, strategic planning, meeting design and facilitation, etc.) check out our complete training offerings for recommended learning bundles to support you in achieving your development goals.
Genuine Contact Program Workshops
Every Genuine Contact™ Program workshop is designed to provide techniques, tools, and concepts that have multiple applications for leadership, facilitation, consulting, and managing. Every workshop module provides a unique set of skills and knowledge as well developing the capacity of the participant. Taking the whole series provides a useful impactful learning intensive for developing personal leadership capacity, resulting in skills and knowledge for finding optimal organizational solutions in ways that are fast, simple and duplicable. Birgitt Williams and Ward Williams, assisted by Rachel Bolton are the creators of the Genuine Contact™ Program.
Genuine Contact Way Workshops
These workshops, created by Birgitt Williams with the support of Ward Williams and Rachel Bolton, teach concepts and methods that support you in creating and nourishing a culture of leadership within your organization.Workshops are based on the teaching in The Genuine Contact Way: Nourishing a Culture of Leadership, written by Birgitt Williams.
If we don't have the workshop you are looking for in our upcoming schedule, you can consider:
- Adding your name to the waiting list. We'll notify you as soon as dates have been scheduled or with enough interested participants schedule a workshop outside of our regular calendar. Just head to the workshop you're interested in and fill in your details.
- Offering an in-house training. If a group of people in your organization would benefit from learning together, contact us to find out about bringing a workshop in-house. (minimum 6 participants, available worldwide)
- Sponsoring a workshop in your community. If you are part of a small business, not-for-profit or other community based organization, consider sponsoring a workshop in your community. We'll provide you with guidance and marketing materials for inviting others to join you in this learning opportunity. With our workshop sponsorship program, you will participate for free and can also earn income from the workshop. Contact us to learn more about sponsoring a workshop (minimum 10 participants, available worldwide).
- Learn from other Genuine Contact Professionals. While we are the creators of the Genuine Contact Program, there are over 100 authorized trainers with workshops available worldwide. You can see the full program offering here.
In-House Training Programs
In-house training and development is the most effective option for medium to large sized companies, teams and business units who know you need to develop new skills and capacities in your people and in your organization. When multiple people from your organization participate in a learning experience together, there is greater engagement as the learning is applied in real time to the issues and opportunities your organization is facing. The new skills and capacities are more deeply retained in the organization as multiple participants have shared in the learning experience.
When leaders and managers engage us to come onsite to take a team or even their whole organization through the learning together, it creates the added benefit of team development and organizational development during the learning process.
Contact us to learn more about bringing programs in-house in your organization.
Public Training Programs
Our public training programs are offered throughout the year and are ideally suited for entrepreneurs, small to medium sized businesses, coaches and consultants. Individuals within larger organizations also benefit when an in-house training isn't the best learning opportunity.
In person trainings are most usually held in North Carolina, USA or Ontario, Canada. If one of our Co-operation Partners is the sponsor, they might be held just about anywhere in the world. Many trainings are also offered as self-study or in a live online workshop to meet your learning preferences, schedule and training budget.