Workshop Dates: December 1, 8 & 15 - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm EST (check local timezone).
This 3-day workshop is held on Friday every week for 3 weeks. The real-time workshop happens online via Blackboard Collaborate so you can participate from anywhere. The workshop also includes a video learning tutorial that is available to you beginning on Thursday each week that is available online and as a downloadable video file for offline viewing.
This strategic planning workshop is for leaders, consultants, coaches, entrepreneurs who want to use their strategic planning to close the gap between the potential and results of an organization. The teaching applies to large organizations, departments, teams, small businesses and is equally applicable to the solo entrepreneur. If you are underway with closing the gap between potential and results by developing a culture of leadership, in-depth knowledge of strategic planning is important to have in your toolbox.
There are four common problems with strategic planning. You have probably experienced them. The first is strategic planning fatigue caused by overly long strategic planning processes. The second is failure to implement the strategic plan once it has been created. Research carried out by Norton and Kaplan at Harvard reported in their best selling book Strategy Maps cites that 70-90% of strategic plans fail to be executed.The third is a misunderstanding that choosing strategies does not mean working on the strategies as well as your other work. The fourth is that when a strategic plan fails to be executed after all of the investment in creating the plan, the organization can experience a backlash, a slide backward in terms of employee engagement, employee morale, and performance.
We invite you to consider learning more about Strategic Planning with us so that you can position yourself and your organization for success with your strategic planning. We provide guidance in avoiding the four common problems so that your Strategic Plan will be in the 10-30% of strategic plans that are successfully executed.
In our three-part workshop, you will learn
- A simple and duplicable process through which you will lead your organization (or an organization you are working with) in the development of a strategic plan.
- An understanding of how to use this simple and duplicable process to lead your organization through a strategic plan refresh periodically throughout the lifespan of the plan to ensure you are staying aligned with your strategic goals and adapting the plan to thrive in change.
- A Practical way of preparing the leaders and managers to prepare for the strategy focused organization.The strategy focused organization is essential for successful strategy implementation through Organization Wide Alignment with the Strategic Plan and Strategy Map
- A process for the documentation of the Strategic Plan that includes:
- An operating matrix document that provides an overview of the overall game plan including the strategies and how the strategies align to the purpose, vision, and values of the organization.
- A strategy map for the organization that provides a one-page overview of the high-level strategies plus the sub-strategies that are chosen regarding the internal processes and the capacity of the organization to deliver on the high-level strategies.Tangible and intangible assets are included.
- A roadmap complete with goals and targets for every business unit that focus activities towards achieving the high-level strategies and the supporting sub-strategies.
- A mechanism for monitoring, evaluation, and ongoing reorientation and adjustment to work as a strategy focused organization.
- Identified milestones for celebration
Birgitt Williams, is an international management and organizational solutions consultant, author, meeting facilitator, teacher, keynote speaker and executive coach. Her business focus is to assist leaders in closing the gap between their own potential and results, and closing the gap between the potential and results in their organizations. She is an advocate of creating and nurturing a culture of leadership in which every individual and every team works from their authority to carry out the responsibilities that they are accountable for. Birgitt has mastery in possibility thinking and in working with the full potential of both tangible and intangible assets in organizations of all kinds including private sector, public and government sector, communities, consortiums, and strategic collaborations. She is skillful at system change, team cohesion, strategy focus, multi-disciplinary teams and cross cultural work.
Birgitt is a creator of the Genuine Contact program, Co-owner of the Genuine Contact Group, LLC., President of Dalar International Consultancy, Inc., and author of The Genuine Contact Way: Nourishing a Culture of Leadership.
Rachel Bolton is a senior consultant and coach with Dalar International Consultancy, Inc. She specializes in and loves work with Small Businesses, Solo Entrepreneurship, and Start-Ups. She has worked with leaders, consultants, and their organizations around the world to develop strategic plans using our Genuine Contact Way processes and brings this wealth of experience into our workshop. Her unique blend of coaching and Genuine Contact training bring high-level insight and practical suggestions to this work.
This is a Genuine Contact Way Workshop
Every module of the Genuine Contact way of living and working provides participants with practical application of the five beliefs underpinning the Genuine Contact way of living and working as described in the Genuine Contact Way Book . Genuine Contact way modules do not have pre-requisites, each providing a unique learning experience for specific applications.