You are invited to join Birgitt Williams and Ward Williams, founders of the Genuine Contact™ program, for the 12th annual Genuine Contact International Mentoring Circle. Dates are September 25-29 in North Carolina, USA with an additional day on September 30th for self organized small group adventures in the surrounding beauty of the Blue Ridge mountains or town of Asheville to allow for deep integration time of the learning before heading on back to ‘daily life’.
During this five day learning intensive, you will have the opportunity to dive as deeply into your learning as you choose to. Our mentoring circle design allows for maximum choice and maximum freedom so that you can create the learning adventure that best suits you at this time in your life and development. Lunch is communal as part of the learning experience. Our group size annually has averaged 35 who gather for this intense multi-layered learning experience with Birgitt and Ward.
You can expect to have the following learning experiences:
- participation in the highly participative meeting method Whole Person Process Facilitation
- participation in the highly participative meeting method Open Space Technology, as experienced when this meeting method is place into a Whole Person Process Facilitated operating platform
- using a cohesive operating platform for a multi-day meeting in which methods are used for high participation, maximum choice and maximum freedom, self management and self responsibility, and the freedom for engaged creativity, play and innovative results
- convening conversations on topics of leadership, organizational, and life matters that you have personal interest in and through convening these conversations, developing insights into a culture of leadership
- participation in a democratic form of proposal development as essential in a culture of leadership
- participation in a Five to Fold decision making process that is highly democratic and is a great tool for working in a culture of leadership
- participating in discoveries of how a leadership team that leads and manages a global organization conduct Co-leadership using primarily on-line opportunities for their meetings and work
- participating in discoveries of the opportunities and challenges of a global organization to define and engage its community of stakeholders in meaningful ways
- participation in discoveries of how to manage a global organization of independent solo entrepreneurs and independent small businesses who operate together to follow a deeply held vision of the development of life nurturing organizations on the planet
- participating in the discoveries of the newly created business model in the USA of the Benefit Corporation in which a business is a private (not a non-profit business) that is in the business of making money while simultaneously doing social and environmental good as part of its charter
- exploration of the organizational operating model, the Genuine Contact Organization, to understand more about a culture of leadership, democratic principles at work, collaboration, co-operation, and exceptional results
During the mentoring circle, whether you are new to the work of the Genuine Contact™ program, or have been involved for some time, you will have the responsibility of choosing your learning journey, participating in discussions in which you are either learning or contributing, or choosing other options that suit your learning journey the best. You will have the opportunity to reflect about your own worldview to do with leadership and organizations, about what works, what doesn’t work, and what you might want to implement when you get back home.
Built into the schedule for this mentoring circle, our closing circle will take place at the end of the day on September 29. September 30 is designed to be a day for self organized group and individual activities for learning integration. We offered this integration opportunity for the first time in 2011 and it was very well received and much enjoyed. Participants made use of this day to tour the old Biltmore village, the town of Asheville, amazing mountain scenery (including zipline adventures), waterfalls with small groupings going to each, and having wonderful experiences.
Registrants of this International Mentoring Circle receive a bonus webinar to learn more about the importance of creating and conducting Mentoring Circles to support a culture of leadership, and to have an experience of how Whole Person Process Facilitation has been successfully adapted to create engaging on-line workshops.
Learn more about the importance of Mentoring Circles within the Genuine Contact Program.
The 12th Annual Genuine Contact Mentoring Circle will take place at Highland Lake Cove in Hendersonville, North Carolina, USA. The meeting takes place in the Sanctuary, which has a meeting room on the main level, lots of space indoors and outdoors for breakout groups in nature, and a large kitchen and dining room on the lower floor.
- mentoring circle registration fees
- all lunches and snacks beginning with supper on 24th and ending with supper on 29th
Cost: $650 US
Booking accommodations is your responsibility.