For Executives, Facilitators, Consultants, Managers, Team Leaders, HR and OD specialists
Workplace conflict is all too common and all too harmful for organizations. This study by CPP Global suggests that 85% of employees report experiencing some level of conflict at all levels of organizations. That workplace conflict is estimated to take up approximately 3 hours a week of employee time. Time that isn't being spent doing the work that is needed to achieve organizational goals. Conflict affects productivity, employee job satisfaction, teamwork and the organization as a whole.
So it's easy to understand that your organization needs a conflict resolution strategy that works. A conflict resolution process that is:
- effective in creating real, meaningful and lasting resolution
- respecting each of the people involved so they feel heard, understood and accepted
- participative so that everyone feels they have contributed to the solution, creating buy-in throughout the process and into the implementation of the resolution
In short, you need a conflict resolution process that is easy to use and actually works.
Cross Cultural Conflict Resolution
You are invited to learn a simple to use method for facilitating conflict resolution with individuals or groups who want to resolve their conflict. This method for resolving conflict is applicable in every situation of conflict, including cross-cultural situations, because it works with aspects of the human being that are the same across all cultures.
Cross-cultural situations are any situations in which individuals or groups with perceived cultural differences are in conflict. Culture can include age and generational differences, departments or teams, different levels of the organization, as well as more commonly perceived cultural differences like race, religion, sexuality or gender identity. By simultaneously recognizing that these differences exist while also honoring the aspects of the human being that are the same across all cultures, cross cultural conflict resolution supports finding resolution that is real, meaningful and effective.
Skill and Capacity Building
You will leave this experiential, interactive workshop equipped with:
- A simple and duplicable process through which you will lead meetings for conflict resolution
- A practical, holistic way of preparing the individuals to be involved with the conflict resolution meeting
- A practical, holistic way of preparing yourself to facilitate successful conflict resolution meetings
- The skills and knowledge to recognize when conflict resolution won't work and other means need to be employed
- A peer-to-peer mentoring circle for ongoing learning
The Complete Learning Program
This program includes 8 segments:
- Segment 1: Self-study video focusing on your Business and/or Development Goal. Plan for 1 hour.
- Segment 2: Learn about Cross Cultural Conflict Resolution. Plan for 3 hours.
- Segment 3: Focus on How You Show Up. Plan for 30 minutes.
- Segment 4 Focus on Conflict Prevention. Plan for 45 minutes.
- Segment 5: Five Beliefs of Genuine Contact. Plan for 30 minutes.
- Segment 6: Origins of Frequently Used Tools. Plan for 2 hours.
- Segment 7: One-to-One Mentoring (3 hours). Date to be arranged with Birgitt Williams. For a leadership team going through this learning together, the one-to-one mentoring session is replaced by two group sessions with Birgitt Williams or Rachel Bolton of three hours each, date to be arranged.
- Segment 8: Real-time Mentoring Circle. 3 hours. Date: June 10, 2023, from 9 am to 12 noon EDT.
The complete learning program includes approximately 14 hours of study. The self-study materials are available immediately upon registration.
Self-Study + One-to-One Mentoring + Mentoring Circle
Birgitt Williams, as one of the creators of the Genuine Contact program, has skilfully facilitated the Genuine Contact program workshops since 1990 as they were being created, tested, researched for effect, and developed into what became the Genuine Contact program. Birgitt brings her unique skills in assisting people to access their full intelligence. Birgitt is passionate about assisting individuals and organizations of individuals in shifting consciousness to achieve breakthroughs.
Rachel Bolton has worked with clients around the world, supporting them in life and small business by walking the Medicine Wheel Tool to explore where you currently are, where you want to go and how to get there. She is a strong advocate for life and business on purpose. Rachel has also been working as part of the Dalar team, assisting in workshop facilitation since 2005 and has been facilitating Genuine Contact workshops since 2010. Her unique blend of coaching and Genuine Contact training bring high-level insight and practical suggestions.
Self-Study + One-to-One Mentoring + Mentoring Circle
Supporting Learning in Teams and Groups
At Dalar, we are big believers in whole teams and groups learning together. To support group learning, we are pleased to offer the following team discounts:
- 20% off for 3-5 participants
- 40% off for 6-10
- groups of 11+ to be determined based on groups size
Project, intact, cross-functional, and leadership teams, small organizations, boards, and volunteer groups are some examples of the kinds of groups eligible for these discounts. Contact Rachel Bolton for registration details.
This offer is applicable to Early Bird and Regular Rates of registration. It cannot be combined with any other discounts available (i.e Genuine Contact Organization member discounts).
This Workshop is an Advanced Module of the Genuine Contact program
Cross Cultural Conflict Resolution is Advanced Skill Development Module 3 of the Genuine Contact program. Each module provides participants with a complete skill and knowledge set that is beneficial used on its own. Each module is also designed to be part of a multi-purpose blended approach and you may find added benefit to take the module in conjunction with other components of the Genuine Contact Program. Cross Cultural Conflict Resolution is a prerequisite for Train the Trainer. Contact us to find out what the right ‘bundle’ is to meet your unique development and business goals.