Executives, Facilitators, Consultants, Managers, Team Leaders, HR, and OD specialists
Many jobs today require people to use leadership skills to get the job done...think of the leadership needed every day by customer service, IT, health service, and workers in specialty knowledge areas. The organizational culture that needs people to take leadership in their jobs and in teamwork needs to shift itself to one that nourishes a culture of leadership.
You are invited to learn how the organizational model, the Genuine Contact Organization, can support your organization to develop itself as an organization that supports and nourishes a culture of leadership. During the learning intensive, you will have the opportunity to explore your thoughts about organizations beyond the focus of supporting organization-wide leadership so that the requirements of getting the job done well are in alignment with the organizational culture. You will also have the opportunity to examine the shift in culture in relation to:
- using the shift to support a culture that is solution-focused
- using what you learn to help your organization achieve sustainable high performance
- using what you learn to achieve an adaptive and agile organization
- using what you learn about how the organizational culture can support taking advantage of emergent opportunities
- using what you learn to help an organization thrive
This upgrade to the next step in leadership will benefit you and your organization as you commit to creating greater responsiveness, agility, and flexibility in your organization. The resulting greater resilience is essential for the organization to quickly overcome challenges and make the most of opportunities as they present themselves. People will have a better understanding of the authority that they have to carry out their responsibilities, a critical dynamic in best performance of individuals and of teams.
Skill and Capacity Building
We invite you to learn, explore and strengthen your knowledge and capacity of the leadership you need for working with the organizational model Genuine Contact Organization. In the learning program you will discover:
- Knowledge for developing an organization as a Genuine Contact Organization
- Skills in working with the key ingredients of a Genuine Contact Organization to support a solution-focused climate
- Understanding the role of ‘consciousness’ about the organization and its development
- Knowledge of working with a liberating structure and a participatory architecture
- A practical means for working with the information, knowledge, and wisdom that already exists in your organization and within your broad stakeholder involvement
- An in-depth understanding of the meeting method Open Space Technology
- An in-depth understanding of the meeting method Whole Person Process Facilitation
- An in-depth understanding of the dynamics of repeated use of Open Space Technology in an organization
- Using Open Space Technology and Whole Person Process Facilitation in the development of the Genuine Contact Organization
- A working knowledge of practical and easily duplicable multi-purpose tools and frameworks for the development of the Genuine Contact Organization inclusive of: the Medicine Wheel Tool©, the Deep Essence Tool©, the Grief Cycle, the Organizational Lifecycle, the Storyline
- Your own design to start the development of a Genuine Contact Organization
- A peer-to-peer mentoring circle for ongoing learning
Your Complete Learning Package
The Genuine Contact Organization learning package includes a combination of self-study, real-time residential learning, and mentoring circles to deepen learning through application.
The training video portion of this learning for self-study includes:
- Segment 1: Self-study video focusing on your Business and/ or Development Goal. Plan for 1 hour.
- Segment 2: Self-study video focusing on Welcome and Orientation to the Genuine Contact Organization module. Plan for 40 minutes.
- Segment 3: Self-study video focusing on Organizations as Living Organisms. Plan for 1 hour.
- Segment 4: Self-study video focusing on the Five Beliefs. Plan for 30 minutes.
- Segment 5: Self-study video focusing on the Cycle of Transformation. Plan for 20 minutes.
- Segment 6: Self-study video focusing on Considering What You Value. Plan for 1 hour.
- Segment 7: Self-study video focusing on the Genuine Contact Organization. Plan for 4 hours.
- Segment 8: Self-study video focusing on some Key Ingredients for a Solution-Focused Climate. Plan for 1 hour.
- Segment 9: Self-study documents focusing on a case study of Process Design for Organizational Transformation. Plan for 2-3 hours.
Real-time online workshop and mentoring circles to take a deep dive with your learning about the Genuine Contact Organization including developing a design that is unique to your understanding and your organization. This deep dive enhances your leadership capacity significantly for working with all types of organizations and for working with a culture of leadership. Participants take a deep dive into personal beliefs, assumptions, learning and unlearning. All four are needed for transformative personal and leadership development.
- Segment 10: Real-time learning to take a deep dive with your learning about the Genuine Contact Organization including developing a design that is unique to your understanding and your organization. This deep dive enhances your leadership capacity significantly for working with all types of organizations and for working with a culture of leadership. Your learning is guided by Birgitt Williams. Dates: December 18, 19, 22 & 23, 2020, from 9am to 12:30pm EST.
- Segment 11: Real-time Online Mentoring Circle. 3 hours. Date: May 14, 2021, from 9 am to 12 noon EDT.
Due to the special offering of this learning module, registration is complete upon payment of fees for the learning program and the fees are non-refundable. If for any reason you cannot participate after you have registered, you may arrange to have someone else take your place. Thus, any money back to you is in a direct arrangement between you and that person and not the responsibility of Dalar International Consultancy.
Birgitt Williams, as one of the creators of the Genuine Contact program, has skillfully facilitated the Genuine Contact program workshops since 1990 as they were being created, tested, researched for effect, and developed into what became the Genuine Contact program. Birgitt brings her unique skills in assisting people to access their full intelligence. Birgitt is passionate about assisting individuals and organizations of individuals in shifting consciousness to achieve breakthroughs.
Rachel Bolton has worked with Genuine Contact since 1999. She is the current Director of the Genuine Contact Program and Organization, leading this intentional GCO in achieving its purpose and fulfilling its vision in cooperation with members around the world. This role gives her a unique lived experience of being in leadership in a Genuine Contact Organization, experience she brings to the facilitation of this workshop.
Rachel works as part of the Dalar team as a Senior Consultant, Facilitator, and Coach. She has been assisting in workshop facilitation since 2005 and has been facilitating Genuine Contact workshops since 2010. Her unique blend of coaching and Genuine Contact training bring high-level insight and practical suggestions.
To register for Genuine Contact Organization, the following pre-requisites are required. These workshops can be taken with us or any other GC Trainer worldwide. Visit the workshop page below or check out our upcoming events to find the pre-requisites you may still need.
Supporting Learning in Teams and Groups
At Dalar, we are big believers in whole teams and groups learning together. To support group learning, we are pleased to offer the following team discounts:
- 20% off for 3-5 participants
- 40% off for 6-10
- groups of 11+ to be determined based on groups size
Project, intact, cross-functional, and leadership teams, small organizations, boards, and volunteer groups are some examples of the kinds of groups eligible for these discounts. Contact Rachel Bolton for registration details.
This offer is applicable to Early Bird and Regular Rates of registration. It cannot be combined with any other discounts available (i.e Genuine Contact Organization member discounts).
This Workshop is an Advanced Module of the Genuine Contact Program
Each module of the Genuine Contact program provides participants with a complete skill and knowledge set that is beneficial used on its own. Each module is also designed to be part of a multi-purpose blended approach and you may find added benefit to take the module in conjunction with other components of the Genuine Contact Program. Contact us to find out what the right ‘bundle’ is to meet your unique development and business goals.
- Path to Organizational Health and Balance
- Achieving Organizational Health and Balance
- Open Space Technology
- Whole Person Process Facilitation