for leading in a culture requiring agility, flexibility, and a performance environment of constant change
Leadership skills, capacity, agility, self-awareness, self-discipline and impact increase by taking a time out
….to reflect about, think about, and talk about leadership.
Leadership in past decades focused on leading so that people will follow. In many organizations, this is no longer enough for business and organizational success. Job roles, responsibilities and increased accountability have changed, requiring an increasing number of people to be competent in leadership skills to get their jobs done satisfactorily. Formal leaders need their people to step fully into their responsibilities, requiring people to exhibit their leadership to do so.
You are invited to join us in taking a time out to learn, share, explore, and develop ideas and experiences about leadership. You are invited to share your challenges, ask questions, learn, experience, develop clarity, and step into greater capacities of leadership.
You will have the opportunity to:
- develop new leadership skills and capacity in a learning environment that uses sound adult learning practices, is invitational throughout the process, and provides practical tools and guidance.
- explore, discover, ask questions, and develop personal awareness of how extraordinary leadership can support you in better achieving your goals in work and in life.
- create a new level of self-discipline in choosing how you carrying out your unique leadership and a plan for how you'll continue in your extraordinary leadership in the real world
- develop your own clarity of what matters to you regarding leadership and why it is important to nourish a culture of leadership…in your organization, small or large enterprise, your activism, team, community, or church.
Master teachers Birgitt Williams and Ward Williams of Dalar International Consultancy and founders of the Genuine Contact™ program are committed to developing leaders to have the knowledge and capacity of leading in a way that nourishes a culture of leadership, so that people throughout the organization will lead to produce the desired and sustainable high levels of performance needed for success in today’s marketplace. They believe that leadership development is some of the most important work on the planet at this time.
Join Birgitt and Ward and experience the combination of guidance and freedom to develop your own clarity about leadership that is uniquely yours, receive encouragement, reassurance, hope, and the creation of practical next steps for immediate implementation.
The performance environment for leaders has changed. As a leader, your successes are, in part, determined by how you’re able to adapt to this new and ever-changing performance environment. Developing leaders so that people will follow no longer results in the desired high levels of customer service, productivity, efficiency, engagement and care that organizations of all kinds want and must have in order to thrive in these times of rapid change and instant communications.
Developing and nourishing a sustainable culture of leadership is hard work at first, until the capacity of the leader increases. As one of the highly successful leaders that Birgitt and Ward have worked with said ‘this kind of leadership is hard, much harder than I ever thought it would be’. And she also said ‘it is due to this kind of leadership that we have had successes that superseded all expectations within our organization and by our stakeholders’.
In this workshop, you will be invited to consider what these concepts mean personally and globally:
- extraordinary leadership
- leadership as a verb
- nourishing a culture of leadership
Birgitt and Ward will:
- Introduce you to the basics for nourishing a culture of leadership
- Challenge myths about leadership development and about leadership
- Teach about the essential dance between chaos and order that leaders need to master
- Demonstrate how to bring responsibility and accountability alive throughout the organization
- Address whole system thinking to achieve a flexible and agile organization
- Work with you to develop a clear framework for your leadership so that the individuals within your organization can work effectively with minimal supervision, and can safely participate in finding and implementing solutions that will lead to increased achievement for the organization
- Work with you to clarify the next steps in your leadership to create the impact that you wish to (or must) create
This workshop is facilitated by Birgitt Williams and Ward Williams, internationally renowned organizational development consultants with a focus in leadership development as a key capacity for organizational success. They provide a unique learning opportunity to explore the skills and capacities needed for extraordinary leadership within ourselves, our teams, business units, and organizations.
Birgitt is the author of The Genuine Contact Way: Nourishing a Culture of Leadership.
Join the Waiting List
By submitting this form, your name will be added to our waiting list for the Extraordinary Leadership workshop. You will also be added to our mailing list to receive invitations to this and other upcoming workshops. Each of our workshops are generally offered 1-2 times per year and are available online or at select locations around the world. We will contact you as soon as an Extraordinary Leadership workshop is scheduled. If you are interested in learning about sponsoring a workshop in your community, please contact us for details.
Supporting Learning in Teams and Groups
At Dalar, we are big believers in whole teams and groups learning together. To support group learning, we are pleased to offer the following team discounts:
- 20% off for 3-5 participants
- 40% off for 6-10
- groups of 11+ to be determined based on groups size
Project, intact, cross-functional, and leadership teams, small organizations, boards, and volunteer groups are some examples of the kinds of groups eligible for these discounts. Contact Rachel Bolton for registration details.
This offer is applicable to Early Bird and Regular Rates of registration. It cannot be combined with any other discounts available (i.e Genuine Contact Organization member discounts).
This is a Genuine Contact Way Workshop
Birgitt Williams, Ward Williams and Rachel Bolton of the Dalar team have created these Genuine Contact Way learning modules with a focus on creating and nourishing a culture of leadership in organizations. We believe that when a culture of leadership exists in an organization, productivity increases, employees work both more effectively and with greater satisfaction on their own and in teams, and the organization thrives. Every Genuine Contact Way module provides participants with a complete skill and knowledge set that is beneficial used on its own. Every module is also designed to be part of a multi-purpose blended approach for leadership and organizational development. You may find added benefit to take this module in conjunction with other Genuine Contact Way modules as well as modules of the Genuine Contact Program. Contact us to find out what the right ‘bundle’ is to meet your unique leadership and organizational development and business goals.