This 3-day workshop is held on Friday every week for 3 weeks. The real-time workshop happens online via QiqoChat so you can participate from anywhere. The workshop also includes a series of video learning tutorials that are available to you immediately upon registration. Each video is available online and downloadable as both an audio and video file for offline learning.
Strategic Planning: The Genuine Contact Way
Strategic planning is an important tool for closing the gap between potential and results of an organization. A culture of leadership requires a strategic plan.
Having a plan isn’t enough. Research carried out by Norton and Kaplan at Harvard concludes that 70-90% of strategic plans fail to be executed.
Strategic Planning done the Genuine Contact Way is designed to mentor leaders in developing the competencies, capabilities, and capacity to successfully lead strategic planning and implementation in their organizations. Leaders will develop their skills, knowledge, confidence, and commitment to lead this work masterfully. Leaders will learn how to turn great ideas in their organization into outstanding results by creating clarity, alignment, and a systematic approach to evaluating and managing organizational performance.
Throughout this learning program, you will learn:
- the critical ingredients for developing a strategic plan that actually gets implemented instead of just sitting on a shelf gathering dust
- simple processes you can use to engage your organization while developing the plan to tap into the collective wisdom of your people for innovation, wise action, and extraordinary results
- how to develop the strategic planning process to create join-in from the beginning rather than trying to convince your people to buy into the plan once it’s done
This workshop will guide you through strategic planning done the Genuine Contact way. Deliverables of Strategic Planning done the Genuine Contact way include:
- A simple and duplicable process through which you will lead your organization (or an organization you are working with) in the development of a strategic plan.
- An understanding of how to use this simple and duplicable process to lead your organization through a strategic plan refresh periodically throughout the lifespan of the plan to ensure you are staying aligned with your strategic goals and adapting the plan to thrive in change.
- A Practical way of preparing the leaders and managers to prepare for successful strategy implementation through Organization Wide Alignment with the Strategic Plan and Strategy Map
- A process for the documentation of the Strategic Plan that includes:
- A strategy canvas for the organization that provides a one-page overview of the overall strategy.
- A strategy map for the organization that provides a one-page overview of the meta-goals of the organization from the customer perspective, internal perspective, financial perspective, and taking into account organizational capability. Organizational capability includes human capital, organization capital, IT capital, and collective intelligence.
- A roadmap complete with goals and targets for every business unit that focus activities towards achieving the over-arching goals of the strategy map.
- A mechanism for monitoring, evaluation, and ongoing reorientation and adjustment to work as a strategy focused organization.
- Identified milestones for celebration
The program includes 6 learning segments.
- Segment 1: Self-study video focused on your Business and/or Development Goal. Plan for 1 hour.
- Segment 2: Self-study video focused on the Strategy Focused Organization. Plan for 2 hours.
- Segment 3: Self-study video focused on Documentation as a Roadmap. Plan for 2 hours.
- Segment 4: Self-study video focused on How to Create a Strategic Plan. Plan for 1 hour.
- Segment 5: Real-time online workshop to process learning about strategic planning with Birgitt Williams and Rachel Bolton. Dates: March 20, 27 & April 3, 2020, from 9 am to 12:30 pm. Plan for 3 sessions of 3.5 hours each.
- Segment 6: Real-time Mentoring Circle. 3 hours. July 31, 2020, from 9 am to 12 noon EDT.
The complete learning program will include approximately 19.5 hours of learning.
* Early Bird Registration until January 31, 2020. After that, regular registration is available at $747.
Birgitt Williams, is an international management and organizational solutions consultant, author, meeting facilitator, teacher, keynote speaker and executive coach. Her business focus is to assist leaders in closing the gap between their own potential and results, and closing the gap between the potential and results in their organizations. She is an advocate of creating and nurturing a culture of leadership in which every individual and every team works from their authority to carry out the responsibilities that they are accountable for. Birgitt has mastery in possibility thinking and in working with the full potential of both tangible and intangible assets in organizations of all kinds including private sector, public and government sector, communities, consortiums, and strategic collaborations. She is skillful at system change, team cohesion, strategy focus, multi-disciplinary teams and cross cultural work.
Birgitt is a creator of the Genuine Contact program, Co-owner of the Genuine Contact Group, LLC., President of Dalar International Consultancy, Inc., and author of The Genuine Contact Way: Nourishing a Culture of Leadership.
Rachel Bolton is a senior consultant and coach with Dalar International Consultancy, Inc. She specializes in and loves work with Small Businesses, Solo Entrepreneurship, and Start-Ups. She has worked with leaders, consultants, and their organizations around the world to develop strategic plans using our Genuine Contact Way processes and brings this wealth of experience into our workshop. Her unique blend of coaching and Genuine Contact training bring high-level insight and practical suggestions to this work.
Supporting Learning in Teams and Groups
At Dalar, we are big believers in whole teams and groups learning together. To support group learning, we are pleased to offer the following team discounts:
- 20% off for 3-5 participants
- 40% off for 6-10
- groups of 11+ to be determined based on groups size
Project, intact, cross-functional, and leadership teams, small organizations, boards, and volunteer groups are some examples of the kinds of groups eligible for these discounts. Contact Rachel Bolton for registration details.
This offer is applicable to Early Bird and Regular Rates of registration. It cannot be combined with any other discounts available (i.e Genuine Contact Organization member discounts).
This is a Genuine Contact Way Workshop
Birgitt Williams, Ward Williams and Rachel Bolton of the Dalar team have created these Genuine Contact Way learning modules with a focus on creating and nourishing a culture of leadership in organizations. We believe that when a culture of leadership exists in an organization, productivity increases, employees work both more effectively and with greater satisfaction on their own and in teams, and the organization thrives. Every Genuine Contact Way module provides participants with a complete skill and knowledge set that is beneficial used on its own. Every module is also designed to be part of a multi-purpose blended approach for leadership and organizational development. You may find added benefit to take this module in conjunction with other Genuine Contact Way modules as well as modules of the Genuine Contact Program. Contact us to find out what the right ‘bundle’ is to meet your unique leadership and organizational development and business goals.