Skill & Capacity Development
In this learning module you will have the opportunity to explore and develop your understanding about:
- ways to assimilate the seven components of the Medicine Wheel Tool into your unique approach to leading life and organizations
- the value of incorporating the Medicine Wheel Tool into your worldview
- use of the Medicine Wheel Tool for expanding personal awareness
- ways of using the Medicine Wheel Tool for working with your organization’s operating matrix (purpose, leadership, vision, community, relationships, management, and the circle of the whole)
- how to apply the Medicine Wheel Tool as a development process for leadership, teams, organizations, and communities in your work as a coach, mentor, and consultant
- applications of the Medicine Wheel Tool specifically designed for problem analysis, project analysis, team analysis, organizational analysis, and solution focus
- use of the Medicine Wheel Tool to stimulate engagement and collaboration
- use of the Medicine Wheel Tool for the purpose of mapping information to provide a comprehensive picture of important aspects to support decision making and action planning
- use of the Medicine Wheel Tool for monitoring and adjustment of results to close the gap between potential and results
The Complete Learning Program
The learning program includes 5 segments. Approximate times for your work with each segment are suggested, totaling approximately 13 hours of guided learning.
- Segment 1: Self-study video focused on your Business and/or Development Goal. Plan for 1 hour.
- Segment 2: Self-study video focused on an Overview of the Medicine Wheel Tool. Plan for 3 hours.
- Segment 3: Depending on your registration preference:
- One-to-One Mentoring Session. 3 hours. Date to be arranged with Birgitt Williams. For a leadership team going through this learning together, the one-to-one mentoring session is replaced by two group sessions with Birgitt Williams or Rachel Bolton of three hours each, date to be arranged and held online.
- Real-Time Online Workshop: February 15-18, 2021 – 9:00 am – 12:30 pm EST
- Combination: One-to-One Mentoring AND Real-Time Workshop
- Segment 4: Real-time online Mentoring Circle: June 18, 2021 – 9:00 am – 12:00 pm EST
There is no pre-requisite learning. The workshop is suitable whether or not you have learned about the Medicine Wheel Tool through participation in a Genuine Contact program workshop.
What is the Medicine Wheel Tool?
The Medicine Wheel Tool is one of the 11 key components of the Genuine Contact program. This tool is based on the medicine wheel used by Indigenous Peoples around the world and given for use in the world by all races by a group of native elders in 1987. Native peoples around the world had preserved the knowledge of the medicine wheel as a way of understanding life and communities and how to make adjustments as needed. As the story goes, the ‘Red Race’ was given the responsibility of preserving the medicine wheel by the Creator until the time was right to share the tool with the other races for the benefit of the whole human race. The time has come. Evidence of what is known as the Medicine Wheel is found in even the oldest cave art and in Indigenous people around the world, depicting a circle divided into four quadrants seeming to represent north, south, east and west.
The Medicine Wheel Tool is rooted in these ancient traditions and provides an opportunity for working within a holistic framework in a variety of applications in both business and life. Learn more.