- Orientation to the tools that will be used in the Summer Academy: video clips of how to work with the Medicine Wheel Tool, how to work with the Deep Essence Tool, how to recognize a Life Nourishing Environment vs a Life Depleting Environment; how to work with the Grief Cycle; how to work with the Cycle of Transformation.
- Orientation to the concepts that will be used in the Summer Academy: leadership…what it is and what it is not; organizational transformation; the Five Beliefs of Genuine Contact.
- Fundamentals about diversity, inclusion, equity, belonging as commonly understood.
Real-Time Online Learning
- Workshop May 31-June 6, 9am – 12pm EST for an in-depth exploration of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging. Case studies assist participants in their exploration. Participants develop coaching plans for participants to equip themselves for coaching others develop leadership for working with diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging. Plan for approximately 2 hours of asynchronous learning as homework each day as an integral part of your learning.
- Facilitated peer-to-peer mentoring circle Thurs January 20, 2022, 9am – 12:30pm EST
More Details…what to expect in your learning program
The Learning Hub
Your Learning Hub will be available as of May 1, 2021 with training videos and other resource material. Self-study learning to be completed based on these resources before the May 31 start of the real-time workshop. This Learning Hub gets added to during the real-time workshop with resources that the participants co-create plus additional training videos and resources. It continues to be available to you for at least 1 year after the Summer Academy for your ongoing learning.
The real-time online workshop is facilitated using the participative method Whole Person Process Facilitation, which provides the conditions for diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging. The online platform that supports this workshop is Qiqochat. You are provided with an orientation to use Qiqochat prior to the start of the Summer Academy including an opportunity to practice within this online platform for your comfort level with this technology. Qiqochat is used by the Dalar International Team because it supports participatory, inclusive processes.
The real-time online workshop is participative throughout, so be prepared to share your thoughts and ideas, your hopes and your fears, and your vision of your path forward. Be prepared to have the space to explore your thoughts and to listen to others exploring their thoughts, without judgment. You are asked to show up and be fully present, speak your truth without blame or judgment, follow what has heart and meaning for yourself, and let go of attachment to outcome.