This interactive, workshop is for you if you want to increase your skillfulness in working with the stories in an organization or community for the benefit of the organization and as a leadership advantage. Stories, told within the context of the organization, provide important information about what is perceived as working, and what is perceived as not working.
Skill and Capacity Development
You will leave the workshop equipped with:
- Understanding the critical role of holding regular story sharing events in the organization as a way to improve organizational performance
- Practical ways to facilitate story sharing
- Converting the quantitative data that emerges from the storytelling into quantifiable data that can be presented in graphs and charts to use the information to better advantage including comparison over time
- Guidance on how to use the data that comes up from the story sharing to leadership advantage
- Guidance on how to use the story sharing events for individual and organizational capacity development
The workshop is designed so that the tips and tools are easy to understand and to implement. Examples are provided for recording and reporting the data.
Your Learning Package
The learning package includes 4 segments. Approximate times for your work with each segment are suggested, totaling approximately 7 hours of guided learning. Additional information about each segment can be found further down this learning package home page.
- Segment 1: Self-study video focused on Getting Ready for Your Learning. Plan for 1 hour.
- Segment 2: Self-study video focused on Working with Stories for the Benefit of Organizations and Leadership. Plan for 1 hour.
- Segment 3: Self-study video focused on Accessing Stories through simple storytelling activities. Plan for 1 hour.
- Segment 4: Self-study video focused on Turning Stories into Data. Plan for 2 hours.
- Segment 5: Real-time Mentoring Circle. 3 hours. Date: TBA 2022, from 9 am to 12 noon EST.