Workshop Dates: March 22, March 29 & April 5 – 9:00 am – 12:30 pm EST (check local timezone).
This 3-day workshop is held on Friday every week for 3 weeks. The real-time workshop happens online via QiqoChat so you can participate from anywhere. The workshop also includes a series of video learning tutorials that are available to you immediately upon registration. Each video is available online and downloadable as both an audio and video file for offline learning.
Strategic Planning: The Genuine Contact Way
Strategic planning is an important tool for closing the gap between potential and results of an organization. A culture of leadership requires a strategic plan.
Having a plan isn’t enough. Research carried out by Norton and Kaplan at Harvard concludes that 70-90% of strategic plans fail to be executed.
Strategic Planning done the Genuine Contact Way is designed to mentor leaders in developing the competencies, capabilities, and capacity to successfully lead strategic planning and implementation in their organizations. Leaders will develop their skills, knowledge, confidence, and commitment to lead this work masterfully. Leaders will learn how to turn great ideas in their organization into outstanding results by creating clarity, alignment, and a systematic approach to evaluating and managing organizational performance.
Throughout this learning program, you will learn:
- the critical ingredients for developing a strategic plan that actually gets implemented instead of just sitting on a shelf gathering dust
- simple processes you can use to engage your organization while developing the plan to tap into the collective wisdom of your people for innovation, wise action, and extraordinary results
- how to develop the strategic planning process to create join-in from the beginning rather than trying to convince your people to buy into the plan once it’s done
This workshop will guide you through strategic planning done the Genuine Contact way. Deliverables of Strategic Planning done the Genuine Contact way include:
- A simple and duplicable process through which you will lead your organization (or an organization you are working with) in the development of a strategic plan.
- An understanding of how to use this simple and duplicable process to lead your organization through a strategic plan refresh periodically throughout the lifespan of the plan to ensure you are staying aligned with your strategic goals and adapting the plan to thrive in change.
- A Practical way of preparing the leaders and managers to prepare for successful strategy implementation through Organization Wide Alignment with the Strategic Plan and Strategy Map
- A process for the documentation of the Strategic Plan that includes:
- A strategy canvas for the organization that provides a one-page overview of the overall strategy.
- A strategy map for the organization that provides a one-page overview of the meta-goals of the organization from the customer perspective, internal perspective, financial perspective, and taking into account organizational capability. Organizational capability includes human capital, organization capital, IT capital, and collective intelligence.
- A roadmap complete with goals and targets for every business unit that focus activities towards achieving the over-arching goals of the strategy map.
- A mechanism for monitoring, evaluation, and ongoing reorientation and adjustment to work as a strategy focused organization.
- Identified milestones for celebration
The program includes 6 learning segments.
- Segment 1: Self-study video focused on your Business and/or Development Goal. Plan for 1 hour.
- Segment 2: Self-study video focused on the Strategy Focused Organization. Plan for 2 hours.
- Segment 3: Self-study video focused on Documentation as a Roadmap. Plan for 2 hours.
- Segment 4: Self-study video focused on How to Create a Strategic Plan. Plan for 1 hour.
- Segment 5: Real-time online workshop to process learning about strategic planning with Birgitt Williams and Rachel Bolton. Dates: Mar 21, Mar 29, and Apr 5, 2019, from 9 am to 12:30 pm. Plan for 3 sessions of 3.5 hours each.
- Segment 6: Real-time Mentoring Circle. 3 hours. Date: September 20, 2019, from 9 am to 12 noon EDT.
The complete learning program will include approximately 19.5 hours of learning.