Take a deep dive into working with Whole Person Process Facilitation at the 19th annual Genuine Contact Summer Academy.
Whether you’re new to facilitating meetings using Whole Person Process Facilitation or are a seasoned facilitator, this week-long online learning intensive will support you in deepening your practice with this participatory method.
May 29-June 3, 2022
Deepening Your Understanding of Working with Genuine Contact
Annually since 2003, the Genuine Contact Summer Academy has attracted people who have worked with aspects of the Genuine Contact program, to add to their knowledge and capacity via an immersive experience organized around the theme for that year. This annual learning intensive provides an opportunity for increasing understanding, refining approach, and deepening your work and relationship with one aspect of Genuine Contact.
The theme for 2022 is Deep Work with Whole Person Process Facilitation
Making the Most of Working with Whole Person Process Facilitation
The development goal for this Summer Academy is to expand the capacity and knowledge of leaders and facilitators to get the most from their work with Whole Person Process Facilitation.
Working with the Subtleties of WPPF
When you take leadership for using Whole Person Process Facilitation (WPPF) in your life and work, it is valuable to have a deeper understanding of working with the subtilties of WPPF. Rachel Bolton and Birgitt Williams are taking leadership for the plan, design, and facilitation of the Summer Academy. You are invited to take your leadership to give yourself the gift of a learning journey that will benefit your life as well as your work in expansive yet results-oriented ways. As well as registering, you will need to clear a week in your calendar for the purpose of devoting that week to yourself and your learning.
Understanding Whole Person Process Facilitation through Many Lenses
You will have an opportunity early in the Summer Academy learning process to reflect on and crystalize your expected outcomes in relation to the following teaching objectives for Deep Work with Whole Person Process Facilitation
- Developing clarity regarding what you are setting in motion when you work with WPPF
- Developing an understanding of the dynamics of using an interactive participatory method
- Exploring the value of framing every use of WPPF for embracing of diversity, inclusion, equity, belonging
- Defining WPPF from experiencing it as a textured method that is felt even if not easily defined in words
- Working with emotional, physical, mental and spirit streams of consciousness of the individual and of the collective
- Integrating bridging between activities for a coherent whole
- Exploring what is to be accomplished in a meeting and translating this into the teaching objectives for your meeting…an integral part of the facilitation design
- Learning to choose how you will meet those objectives and understanding why you are making these choices
- Learning to work with the WPPF meeting to achieve individual and collective coherence of mind, heart, action and understanding the importance of true coherence that allows for diversity, creativity, innovation within coherence
- To capture what we individually and collectively know about WPPF and applying WPPF into a book that will be published as an ebook within 2022 and as a hard copy book soon thereafter – with you as a contributing author (if you choose) based on your experience so far
Usually, attendance at the Summer Academy has been between 30 and 40 people, some new to the Genuine Contact program, some who have worked with the methods in Genuine Contact since its creation in 1999, and every amount of experience in between.
The commitment of each person is for a deep learning experience. The people who attend, even in an online forum, develop into a community. The community that develops is one that embraces diversity, inclusion, equity and belonging with learning enhanced by the lived experience of what is possible. Expect wonderful people from several countries in the world, bringing unique perspectives.
You are welcome to join this community in this Summer Academy learning intensive, even if you haven’t learned about WPPF yet (see details below on pre-requisites).
Your Summer Academy Experience Includes
The method for facilitating the learning has four components:
- Self-study pre-work available three weeks prior to the start of the Summer Academy, with a concise Learning Hub provided for the purpose of this self-study component
- Real-time online workshop May 29th to June 3rd from 8 am to 12 pm EDT (check local time zone) daily, facilitated using WPPF
- “Homework” daily from May 29th to June 3rd duration approximately three hours per day
- A follow on facilitated peer-with-peer facilitated mentoring circle.
Tip: Join the Summer Academy with a friend or colleague and schedule your homework time together as a study group. If you live close to one another, you might even consider getting together in person for your study group.
Register today to save your seat for Summer Academy 2022.
Are you a member of the Genuine Contact Organization? Contact us for an exclusive discount code for your registration equal to your 2022 membership fee. Our thanks to you for your ongoing support and stewardship of Genuine Contact. Thinking of becoming a member? Sign up first and you’ll also be eligible for this registration discount immediately.
* Early Bird rates available until April 29, 2022. Regular rate ($1,997) thereafter. To receive your exclusive membership discount for members of the Genuine Contact Organization contact us.
Supporting Learning in Teams and Groups
At Dalar, we are big believers in whole teams and groups learning together. To support group learning, we are pleased to offer the following team discounts:
- 20% off for 3-5 participants
- 40% off for 6-10
- groups of 11+ to be determined based on groups size
Project, intact, cross-functional, and leadership teams, small organizations, boards, and volunteer groups are some examples of the kinds of groups eligible for these discounts. Contact Rachel Bolton for registration details.
This offer is applicable to Early Bird and Regular Rates of registration. It cannot be combined with any other discounts available (i.e. Genuine Contact Organization member discounts).
Participants need to have taken Whole Person Process Facilitation (Advanced Skill Development Module 2 of the Genuine Contact Program) to participate in this year's Summer Academy - either with our team at Dalar International Consultancy or with any other authorized Genuine Contact Trainer. If you need to complete this pre-requisite learning, a self-study module including 1:1 mentoring with Birgitt Williams or Rachel Bolton is available starting immediately.
This is a Genuine Contact Way Workshop
Birgitt Williams, Ward Williams and Rachel Bolton of the Dalar team have created these Genuine Contact Way learning modules with a focus on creating and nourishing a culture of leadership in organizations. We believe that when a culture of leadership exists in an organization, productivity increases, employees work both more effectively and with greater satisfaction on their own and in teams, and the organization thrives. Every Genuine Contact Way module provides participants with a complete skill and knowledge set that is beneficial used on its own. Every module is also designed to be part of a multi-purpose blended approach for leadership and organizational development. You may find added benefit to take this module in conjunction with other Genuine Contact Way modules as well as modules of the Genuine Contact Program. Contact us to find out what the right ‘bundle’ is to meet your unique leadership and organizational development and business goals.